One-Day Trip to Bled and Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Duration: 10 hours total: 2-3 hours on Bled Lake & 2-3 hours in Ljubljana
- Group size: up to 3/4 (car); up to 7/8 (van)
- Children friendly: Yes
- Pet friendly: No
- Activity level: Medium
You are in a hurry?
Call Us Now!
+385 95 5049 577
About your guide
If you decide to go with a guide on your trip or take a local guide in your town of visit (depending on you chosen trip) you will be accompanied with a person who can tell you a lot not just about heritage and history of the area, but also about the contemporary way of living, habits, suggest you a restaurant according to your preferences, which souvenirs to buy… tell the guide your interests, and she or he, will do the best to make your experience memorable.
What are you going to see and do?
Romantic and beautiful Bled Lake with its surroundings is situated under Julian Alps. Thanks to its specific climate with lot of sun and fresh mountain air, thermal springs and magnificent scenery, it has been on the tourist map of Slovenia for several centuries.
Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia, has typical middle European appearance. In 20th ct. Slovenian architect Jože Plečnik left his beautiful mark on the capitals architecture. In the city center, which is completely turned into pedestrian zone, you will find cozy atmosphere of a small town with cafes restaurants and shops.
Things to see and do
- In the middle of the lake on an fairy-tale like islet there is the Church of the Assumption of Blessed Virgin Mary from 17th ct. Traditional boat made by locals, called ‘Pletna’ will take you to the island. Walk 99 steps to the church and ring the “bell of wishes”. Treat yourself with one of the traditional Slovenian cakes in a cafe-restaurant on the islet.
- Another attraction of the lake is the old castle-fortress that watches over the lake from a 130 tall cliff, and dates to 16th ct. enjoy the beautiful views of the surroundings from the castle’s terraces.
- Enjoy Ljubljana’s capital – take a walk through the charming historical center: walk along Ljubljanica river, cross some of the bridges on the river that are landmarks of the town – Triple Bridge, Butchers Bridge, The Dragon Bridge, see the Cathedral and beautiful residential and public buildings, and the medieval Old Town from 12th ct., which still guards over the city.
- After sightseeing, you can have a late lunch in one of the restaurants in Ljubljana that offer excellent food. Return drive to Zagreb.Here are a few things we have heard from guests so far:
“Bled lake was magical, I hope my wish will come true; and Ljubljana is really beautiful town! We really enjoyed ourselves.”“Beautiful day in Slovenia, with friendly driver, we especially liked Ljubljana’s capital, cafes and restaurants in the city center, and cozy and intimate romantic flair.”
What else should you know about our trip?
- Best would be to start in the morning from Zagreb, as we have 200 km on highways and a border to cross;
- Please bring you ID card / passport;
- Tickets for Bled Castle, Pletna Drive and Bled Island are to be paid on spot. You can find valid prices here;
- Ticket for funicular drive and the Old Town in Ljubljana, if you decide to visit are to be paid on spot; prices available here;
- Recommendation: we advise you to plan this trip out of the peak tourist season in Croatia (July, August), because of the border crossing and traffic jams.
What should you bring to this trip?
Comfortable walking shoes, sunhat, water, (snack).
Rent a private driver!
Use this coupon and save money