One-Day Trip to Istria: NP Brijuni Islands
- Duration: 12 hours
- Group size: up to 3/4 (car); up to 7/8 (van)
- Children friendly: Yes
- Pet friendly: No
- Activity level: Low – Medium
You are in a hurry?
Call Us Now!
+385 95 5049 577
About your guide
If you decide to go with a guide on your trip or take a local guide in your town of visit (depending on you chosen trip) you will be accompanied with a person who can tell you a lot not just about heritage and history of the area, but also about the contemporary way of living, habits, suggest you a restaurant according to your preferences, which souvenirs to buy… tell the guide your interests, and she or he, will do the best to make your experience memorable.
National Park Brijuni Island consists of 14 islands and islets that stretch along western coast of Istria, the northern-most and largest Croatian peninsula. Thanks to its geographical location the islands have extraordinary biological diversity. The largest island – Veliki Brijun (26 km coastline length) which you will be visiting, was cultivated into a harmonious landscape of meadows and parks with preserved vegetation typical for this area. It also keeps some beautiful remains of the architectural heritage. The scenery, the scents, peace and harmony leaves none indifferent.
What can you expect?
- Enjoy the sightseeing of NP Brijuni Island: the tour lasts approximately 4 hours and includes drive in a tourist train around Veliki Brijun, visit to the safari park; the remains of the Roman villa rustica from the I century B.C., the Church of St. Germain with permanent exhibition of fresco-copies and Glagolitic writings from Istria, and see the photo exhibition Josip Broz Tito on Brijuni.
- After the tour, take the boat back to the land where your transfer will be waiting.
Return drive to Zagreb.
Here are a few things we have heard from guests so far:
“Although the drive lasts for several hours, the time passed quickly thanks to our driver and beautiful scenery along the way. The islands are wonderful – green meadows and trees, blue see, another pearl of Adriatic… Worth seeing.”
“One wishes to come and spend at least a weekend in this oases of nature and peace. We liked Brijuni very much and hope to come back some day.”
What else should you know about our trip?
- It would be good to start you trip in the morning, for there is 300 km to cross (on highway and semi-highway) to the small town of Fažana from where the boat will take you to the Islands;
- You will have enough time for refreshment on the way to Istria or in Fažana;
- Tickets for National Park include return boat drive, sightseeing of the island with the train and entrance to described attractions); ticket should be paid before embarking on the ship, please check the valid prices and find other information about the Park;
- In the Park visitors are organized in groups and led by a guide from the Park, through described locations (there is a short break for refreshments);
- There is a number of simple restaurants in Fažana, so you can decide to have lunch there;
- Recommendation: during the peak season (July, August) in Croatia, plan your trip during weekdays (on weekends tourist traffic jams are to be expected).
What should you bring to this trip?
Comfortable walking shoes, sunhat, water, (snack).
Rent a private driver!
Use this coupon and save money